Atari announced RollerCoaster Tycoon Adventures is coming to Nintendo Switch.
Atari announced Thursday that RollerCoaster Tycoon Adventures will be available for Nintendo Switch.
The game will be available in select European territories Nov. 29 and in North America on Dec. 13.
This is the first game that Atari will bring to the Nintendo Switch. RollerCoaster Tycoon Adventures brings the RollerCoaster Tycoon® series into the next generation — combining classic RollerCoaster Tycoon gameplay with brand-new twists, all customized for Nintendo’s unique console.
Bigben will distribute the game in Europe while AtGames will distribute to North America.
“This announcement illustrates our strategy,” Fred Chesnais, Chief Executive Officer of Atari said in a press release. “It highlights our overall corporate plan – first our ability to produce high-quality games, second to outsource some segments of the value chain to key industry players, and lastly, it keeps us on track to reach our objective of profitable growth for the current financial year.”
RollerCoaster Tycoon was created by legendary game developer Chris Sawyer and first released on Windows PC in 1999. The series quickly became a fan favorite for gamers. Nvizzio Creations returns as the developer of RollerCoaster Tycoon Adventures, bringing an exciting and accessible new twist to the world of RollerCoaster Tycoon.
RollerCoaster Tycoon Adventures will have three modes and loads of features
Adventure Mode is a spin on the classic campaign mode, tricky Scenarios, and the open Sandbox. There are over 120 wacky rides, restaurants, and shops to ensure parks burst with eye-catching action.
The intuitive coaster builder lets players create wild, death-defying coasters with ease. Four unique themed environments, along with water and terraforming options, ensure every park is distinct and exciting. A streamlined simulation and game economy allow players of all ages and skill levels to build the park of their dreams.
Key Features include:
- Exciting Game Modes: Create outrageous parks in three different fun-filled modes – Adventure, Scenario, and Sandbox
- Choose Your Own Adventure: A first for the RollerCoaster Tycoon series, Adventure Mode’s brand-new Event System makes every park unique. You’ll have to make tough decisions when presented with park events, ensuring that every playthrough of Adventure Mode is a compelling new Tycoon story
- Customize and Personalize Your Park: Pick from over 50 vivid colors to customize rides, roller coasters, shops, and restaurants. Transform your park by adding a pre-made path, foliage, and river tiles. Build your incredible parks in one of four distinctive locations — Alpine, Moon, Canyon, and Tropics!
- Thrill Rides: Place seven types of fully customizable roller coasters in your park — Wooden, Steel, Winged, Hyper, Inverted, Dive, and Accelerator
- Intuitive Management System: Streamlined management and easy-to-use tools make RollerCoaster Tycoon Adventures the most accessible entry into the RollerCoaster Tycoon franchise and a perfect fit for Nintendo Switch
- Attractions Galore: Choose from over 120 wacky rides, restaurants, and shops for your park — from the humble Merry-go-Round to the death-defying Roto-Drop — all featuring advanced shaders and effects
- Gameplay Flexibility: Use either Nintendo Switch Joy-Con™ controllers or touchscreen controls to play the way you want. RollerCoaster Tycoon Adventures runs at 1080p when in TV mode and 720p in handheld mode
Atari, comprised of Atari SA and its subsidiaries, is a global interactive entertainment and multiplatform licensing group. The true innovator of the video game founded in 1972, Atari owns and/or manages a portfolio of more than 200 games and franchises, including globally known brands such as Asteroids®, Centipede®, Missile Command®, and Pong®.
RollerCoaster Tycoon® © 2018 Chris Sawyer.
RollerCoaster Tycoon® is a registered trademark of Chris Sawyer. All other marks are the property of their respective owners. All other trademarks are properties of their respective owners.
ABOUT NVIZZIO CREATIONS
Nvizzio Creations is an independent game development company based in Canada, driven by passion, and globally recognized for its creative teams, unique work philosophy, and relentless dedication. The studio specializes in the production of 3D games for PC, Consoles and Mobile platforms, and partners with some of the most innovative game publishers in the world.