Indie publisher Digerati announced Wednesday their colorful 2D RPG-platformer Underhero is coming to consoles next month.
The game marks the debut Venezuelan studio Paper Castle. Underhero is inspired by Paper Mario and many other RPGs while offering an oddball spin on RPG adventures. Underhero features a special timing-based combat system, old-school platforming fun, a quirky cast of characters, and a lighthearted story about an unlikely hero on an unforgettable journey to save a kingdom.
Underhero will be available to download Feb. 11 in North America with Feb. 12th being the EU release. Nintendo Switch gamers will be able to download the game on Feb. 13 with Valentine’s Day being reserved for Xbox One users to download the game.
There will be a 20% launch discount on PS4 and Nintendo Switch, and a 20% discount for anyone who pre-orders Underhero from the Microsoft Store.
Underhero casts players in the role of an underling who begrudgingly embarks on a perilous quest. Aided by a magical companion, the accidental adventurer must purge all evil from the Chestnut Kingdom.
“Underhero began as a humble passion project inspired by our love for Nintendo RPGs. After many years of hard work, we are extremely happy to share the world we’ve created with a bigger audience than ever before,” Kay & Andie of Paper Castle said in a press release. “Get ready to experience a unique battle system and a subversive story full of twists and turns, now on your favorite console.”
Underhero is an RPG-platformer where the chosen hero has failed, and an underling of the evil king reluctantly takes his place as the new hero. Your goal is to save the Chestnut Kingdom from your own evil boss, Mr. Stitches.
- A side-scrolling RPG adventure, complete with lush pixel art and cartoony aesthetics
- Jump, slash, evade, talk, and bribe your way through a fantasy adventure with a satirical twist
- Turn-based combat… without the turns! Precisely timed actions are your most powerful weapons
- Level up, solve puzzles, find secrets in a world full of friends, foes, and weird inhabitants
- A wonderful original soundtrack composed by Stijn van Wakeren
- A story full of humor and mysteries awaits!
- DCSD Athletics Returning to Play on October 1
- DCSD Holding District-Wide All-Sport Recruiting Night — September 22
- DeKalb County School District Delays Athletic Activities for Fall Season Due to COVID-19
- Free Virtual Eligibility and Scholarship Workshop – Aug. 18 8:00 pm
- McCallister Precision Marketing to sponsor pole and hard charger awards in Thursday Thunder
- Atlanta Dream Wubble Diaries – The Beginning
- Racing is back and so is Thursday Thunder
- Cross Keys Shafik Ali Signs Basketball Scholarship to Elms College