Digerati and Flamebait Games announced Verlet Swing back in May to little fanfare. But the release date is rapidly approaching for the surreal grapple-hook adventure.
Verlet Swing will be released on Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. However, PS4 players in North America will get the game first on June 11. European PS4 players will have til June 12th while Nintendo Switch and Xbox One gamers will have to wait until June 14.
Xbox gamers will have some streamer-friendly qualities as well with Mixer interactions that are only on Xbox One exclusively. What the interactions will do will allow viewers to affect a streamer’s game as it’s being broadcast.
Streamers playing the Xbox One version of the vaporwave FPS (first-person swinger) over broadcasting service Mixer will be able to invite viewers to interact with the game by voting for a variety of in-game effects. When the mode is activated, anyone watching the stream is presented with a choice of effects to vote for. After a short time, the effect with the most votes is then applied to the game.
Effects range from the harmlessly cosmetic (changing the ‘rope’ colour), to the savagely sadistic (invert movement) and, of course, the beautifully bizarre (add extra meatballs). You can see some of the Mixer interactions at play in the trailer below.
Verlet Swing was already out on Steam prior to the platform release.
- 100 levels of fast-paced swinging action
- Increasingly surreal levels to swing through
- Progressively difficult gameplay. Only the best of swingers will reach the final levels!
- Test your swinging skills with leaderboards and Challenges mode
- Mixer broadcasting integration (Xbox One version only)
- Platinum Trophy and 1000G Achievements available respectively for PS4 and Xbox One versions